This form may be used if you wish to rename an existing property, name a new
property in an existing street or name a street and number its properties.
Complete Section A if the property (s) concerned currently has a postal
Complete Section B if the property (s) concerned requires a new
address off an existing street.
Complete Section C if the property requires
a new address including a new street name.
SECTIONS A & B - Renaming or renumbering of an existing
property. Naming and numbering of infill developments that do not feature a new
Should you wish to apply to name/rename or number/renumber
an existing property the following points should be considered before completing
Section A or B.
- If you wish to name / rename a house in a street where properties are
numbered, then you will still be required to maintain the property number in
front of the street name, and the property number must be displayed along with
any approved name outside your property.
- Names should be chosen carefully so as not to cause offence or duplication
in the post code area. You should refrain from proposing names of living
- It is advisable to submit 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice names for approval, in
case duplicates are found during our checking procedures.
- In numbered streets the Council will allocate numbers as appropriate within
SECTION C - Naming / Numbering of developments that feature
a new road
Should you wish to name and number a property where a new
street name is also required the following points should be considered before
completing Section C.
- Where an infill development has been completed and the new properties are accessed off a new street, then the developer is required to submit a minimum of 3 alternative names in order of preference, for consideration / approval by the Council.
- The numbering sequence within the new street will be determined by the Council.